1 ¼ cup Butter (room temperature)
1 cup Sugar
1 tub Einstein Bros.® Pumpkin Shmear (room temp)
1 Egg Yolk
2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
2 cups Cake Flour
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 ½ cups Pecan Halves (optional-toasted & chopped; plus more halves for topping cookie)
8oz. Vanilla Frosting (½ 16 oz container)
½ tub Einstein Bros.®
Honey Almond Shmear
1. Cream butter and sugar (approx. 5 minutes w/mixer). Scrape down bowl.
2. Add egg yolk, heavy cream and Pumpkin Shmear until just blended.
3. Sift together cake flour and pumpkin
4. Gradually add sifted cake flour and pumpkin pie spice. Mix just until flour is absorbed. Dough will be fairly sticky.
5. Fold in toasted chopped pecans (optional).
6. Place dough on parchment paper
and form log shape 12” long x 2½” diameter.
7. Refrigerate log at least 4 hours or overnight.
8. Preheat oven to 350°F.
9. Cut the log into ¼” thick slices.
10. Place cookies approximately 1½” apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
11. Cool on wire rack.
1. Mix together vanilla frosting
and Honey Almond Shmear
2. Spread ½ tsp on each cookie.
3. Place 1 pecan half on center of each cookie on top of icing. Plate and serve.